Sunday 14 June 2015

Mayne Island Cob House

Mayne Island Cob House





I have just returned to work after a wonderful rollercoaster 15 months of maternity leave. So for the last week we decided to rent a small cottage in the middle of no where and it was total bliss. It was a small one bedroom barn conversion just outside of Llanidloes in Wales and it totally won our hearts. We are both now dreaming of a simpler life in the country.... so expect loads of tiny country cottages coming up on Moon to Moon!

For starters I have found this place...

 This beautiful 600 ft2 Cob house in Mayne Island, was supposedly the first Cob house in Canada. Although small it is perfectly formed! I just love that warm wooden ceiling in the bedroom..... wouldn't the rain would sound so lovely up there?

Not only are Cob houses such as this eco-friendly but they are also pretty cheap to construct, the original construction cost of this beautiful home was around $56,000 (designed by Cobworks.)

 This home is available to rent on airbnb here

5 comments:

Emma Cardwell said...

So lovely. I'd love to live in s house like this. The pragmatist in me always worries about long term upkeep and damp!

Kat said...

Oh wow, this looks magical. I am off to look it up right now :) Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

This is the airiest, cheeriest, clean-design cob house I have ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing. Cheers, Ardith

chris said...

Reminds me of Gaudi, love the lack of straight lines!

Erin MacAirt said...

Beautiful x